Dr.Sc., Professor, The Ohio State University, USA.
Publications: over 350 scientific publications.
- Associate Editor of Journals "Automation and Remote Control", "International Journal of Control";
- IEEE Fellow.
Awards and Honors:
Areas of Interest:
- 1972 - Lenin Prize (the highest scientific award in the former USSR);
- 1978 - Honorary Doctor of University of Sarajevo, Yugoslavia;
- 2003 - Oldenburger medal of ASME;
- 2005 - Humboldt Award of German Government;
- 2008 - Foreign Member of Academy of Science and Art of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- 2011 - Honorary Doctor of Rovira and Vergil University, Tarragona, Spain.
Personal web-page: http://www.ece.osu.edu/~utkin
- Nonlinear Systems;
- Sliding Mode Control;
- Stability Theory;
- Optimal Control.
- Utkin V. Sliding Modes and their Applications in Variable Structure Systems. Mir, Moscow, 1978.
- Utkin V. Sliding Modes in Control and Optimization, Springer Verlag, 1992.
- Utkin V., Guldner J., Shi J. Sliding Mode Control in Electro-Mechanical Systems, Taylor & Frencis. 1st edition 1999, 2nd edition 2009.