Doctor of Sciences, Professor, Head of Department at Concern CSRI Elektropribor, JSC, Deputy Head of Department of Information and Navigation Systems at the ITMO University, St.-Petersburg, Russia.
Publications: 4 monographs, over 200 papers in journals and conference proceedings; the author of the English-Russian and Russian-English dictionary on navigation and motion control.
- Associate Editor of Journals "Automation and Remote Control", "Gyroscopy and Navigation" (in English and in Russian), "Scientific and Technical Bulletin of ITMO" (in Russian), "Aerospace Instrument Engineering" (in Russian);
- Member of program committees of many international and national conferences;
- Chairman of the Program Committee of the Conference of Young Scientists Navigation and Motion Control held annually since 1999;
- Member of the Presidium of the International Public Association Academy of Navigation and Motion Control;
- Member of the IFAC Technical Committee TC 1.1. Modelling, Identification and Signal Processing;
- Member of St. Petersburg group of Russian National Committee on Automatic Control;
- Member of the academic councils of the CSRI Elektropribor and ITMO University;
- Member of dissertation councils of the CSRI Elektropribor and St. Petersburg Electrotechnical University LETI.
Awards and Honors:
Areas of Interest:
- Medals: "For Labor", "300-th anniversary of the Russian Fleet", "In memory of the 300-th anniversary of St. Petersburg", The Jubilee Medal "100 anniversary of Academician V.I. Kuznetsov’s birth";
- Winner of the St. Petersburg government for outstanding achievements in the field of higher and secondary vocational education in 2010 in the nomination “Integration of education, science, and industry”.
Personal web-page: http://ins.ifmo.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=143:2012-01-31-15-18-28&catid=44
- Linear and Nonlinear Filtering;
- Estimation and Identification;
- Integrated Processing of Redundant Measurement Information;
- Integrated INS/GNSS Navigation Systems;
- Gravity Sensors and Systems.
- Stepanov, O.A., Primenenie teorii nelineinoi fil’tratsii v zadachakh obrabotki navigatsionnoi informatsii Application of Nonlinear Filtering Theory for Processing Navigation Information, St. Petersburg: CSRI Elektropribor, 1998, 2003.
- Stepanov, O. A., Osnovy teorii otsenivaniya s prilozheniyami k zadacham obrabotki navigatsionnoi informatsii. Part 1. Vvedenie v teoriyu otsenivaniya (Fundamentals of the Estimation Theory with Applications to the Problems of Navigation Information Processing. Part 1. Introduction to the Estimation Theory), St. Petersburg: CSRI Elektropribor, 2009, 2010
- Stepanov, Î.Ŕ., Osnovy teorii otsenivaniya s prilozheniyami k zadacham obrabotki navigatsionnoi informatsii. Part 2. Vvedenie v teoriyu fil’tratsii (Fundamentals of the Estimation Theory with Applications to the Problems of Navigation Information Processing. Part 2. Introduction to the Filtering Theory), St. Petersburg: CSRI Elektropribor, St. Petersburg: CSRI Elektropribor, 2012.
- Dmitriyev S.P., Stepanov O.A., and Shepel S.V., Nonlinear filtering methods application in INS alignment // IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 1997, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 260–272.
- Dmitriyev S.P., Stepanov O.A., and Koshaev D.A., Study on data integration methods for designing INS/GNSS systems // Giroskopiya i Navigatsiya, 1999, No. 3(26), pp. 36–52.