Doctor of Sciences, Professor and Academic Chair, School of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
Publications: 6 monographs, 138 papers in refereed journals, 24 papers in collections and conference proceedings.
- Associate Editor of Journal "Automation and Remote Control".
Awards and Honors:
Areas of Interest:
- Fulkerson Prize of the Mathematical Programming Society and AMS (1982, with L. Khachiyan and D. Yudin);
- Dantzig Prize of the Mathematical Programming Society and SIAM (1991, with M. Groetschel);
- John von Neumann Theory Prize of INFORMS (2003, with M. Todd);
- Honoris Causa Degree of Doctor of Mathematics, University of Waterloo, Canada (2009).
- Convex Optimization Theory and Algorithms;
- Optimization Under Uncertainty;
- Nonparametric Statistics.
- Nemirovsky A., Yudin D., Problem complexity and method efficiency in optimization. John Wiley & Sons, 1983.
- Nesterov Yu., Nemirovski A., Interior point polynomial methods in Convex Programming. SIAM Series in Applied Mathematics, SIAM: Philadelphia, 1994.
- Ben-Tal A., El Ghaoui L., Nemirovski A., Robust Optimization. Princeton University Press, 2009.
- Nemirovski A., Prox-method with rate of convergence O(1/t) for variational inequalities with Lipschitz continuous monotone operators and smooth convex-concave saddle point problems // SIAM Journal
on Optimization. 2004. Vol. 15, pp. 229-251.
- Goldenshluger A., Juditsky A., Nemirovski A. Hypothesis testing by convex optimization // Electronic Journal of Statistics. 2015. Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1645-1712.