Doctor of Science in Engineering, Head of the "Control of Complex Systems" Lab of the Institute of Problems in Mechanical Engineering of Russian Academy of Sciences, St.Petersburg, Russia.
Publications: 12 books, 10 patents, over 600 papers in refereed journals and conference proceedings.
- Associate Editor of Journals "Automation and Remote Control", "Informatics and Control Systems", "Information and Controlling Systems",
- Editor-in-Chief of the international journal "Cybernetics and Physics" launched in 2012;
- Member of International Program Committees for many international conferences;
- Vice-chair of the IFAC Technical Committee on Adaptive and Learning Systems;
- Member of the IFAC Technical Committees on nonlinear control and Education;
- Member of the Russian National Committee of Automatic Control since 1998;
- Member of the IEEE Control Systems Society Conference Editorial Board (1998–2015);
- Member of the RAS Research Council on control processes and automation;
- Member of European Control Association (EUCA) since 2014;
- IEEE member since 1993.
Awards and Honors:
Areas of Interest:
- JSPS Fellowship, 1999.
- Award for the best paper published in 2003 by "Nauka" Publisher journals, 2003.
- IEEE Fellow, 2004.
Personal web-page: http://www.ipme.ru/ipme/labs/ccs/alf.htm
- Control of Networks;
- Nonlinear and Adaptive Control;
- Control of Oscillations and Chaos;
- Cybernetical Physics.